Truman Partners With Liberty Homeownership
Truman has proudly partnered with many non-profit organizations and has become a major partner in providing affordable home ownership to as many Albertans as possible. We have provided over 450 brand new homes to deserving Albertans through these partnerships, and through our commitment to affordable home ownership, we have pledged up to 25% of all the product we produce in Alberta to be dedicated to such organizations helping to close the affordability gap.
That is why we have partnered with Liberty Homeownership. In the few short years that we have offered this programs, we have helped over 400 families achieve homeownership.
Our mission is to connect Albertans with the homes they aspire to own. If you want to own your own home but can’t come up with a down payment, let Liberty Homeownership help. If you can meet their income criteria; qualify for a mortgage, and can come up with a down payment of just $1,500.00 – Liberty Homeownership will pay the rest of the 5% down payment for you!
Here’s how it works:
- Easy Registration: You provide Liberty with basic information such as: name, date of birth, employment status, current address, family situation, household income, desired quadrant of the city to live in. From there they take the $150.00 registration fee which will be applied toward your $1,500.00 down payment. Your information is kept personal and confidential.
- Home Ownership Education: This step is crucial in becoming a homeowner. Liberty wants to make sure you are given the right information to make the transition to becoming a homeowner as smooth as possible. They provide you with some learning outcome statements that illustrate vital components of homeownership, such as: how to make a budget, how to maintain a good credit rating, what are your responsibilities as a homeowner, what are your responsibilities as a unit holder in a condo corporation – just to name a few. Upon completion and review of the learning outcome statements, they will provide you with access to 3 exams that will confirm the new knowledge provided to you. To pass the online tests they require a minimum score of 80%. If you are unable to pass the exam on your first attempt, you will be provided another opportunity 24 hours later. Upon successful completion of the test, they will provide you with an electronic certificate of achievement acknowledging your preparedness to become a homeowner.
- Mortgage Pre-approval: Liberty will pair you up with one of their participating financial institutions to help you obtain a mortgage pre-approval.
- Select Housing: Once you have your mortgage pre-approval in hand, you will be able to review Liberty’s available inventory and choose a home that suits your lifestyle by visiting their corresponding builder sales centers.
After these simple steps, you will have achieved your dream of becoming a homeowner!
What’s the catch you may ask? No catch! You just have to meet the following criteria:
- Personal income less than $83,000 for a single individual OR
- Household income less than $93,000 per annum for couples with no dependent children living in the home OR
- Household income less than $103,000 per annum for couples with dependent children living in the home
- Assets are less than $100,000(excluding primary vehicle, RESP, RRSP & pension)
- Customer qualifies for a mortgage and can then put $1,500 of their own money towards the down payment of their home
- Completion of our online home ownership course
- Your Liberty home will be your permanent sole residence
- When you decide to sell or refinance your home, Liberty will share the home’s appreciation at that time. The small share in the appreciation will depend on how long you’ve on the home for. The longer you’ve owned it, the larger the share you will receive.
To see if you qualify for the Liberty program, click here.