Question: What signs will indicate the house is drying out?
- Small gaps may appear between the cabinets, vanities, counter/tile joints and walls.
- Miter joints in the door and window trim, baseboards and other trim may open up, and door(s) may stick.
- Fireplace mantels may shrink slightly and pull away from the walls or at the joints. Lacquered surrounds may crack at joints.
- Wood flooring opens between individual pieces, or settles from the baseboards at the walls or under jambs and trims.
- Small gaps show between stairs mouldings, drywall and the walls.